Kazakhstan is waiting for you! Forget conventional trips, and get ready for 5 days in the glaciers of Džungarski Alatau mountains. This trekking tour will take you to 3400 mt, letting you enjoy the magnificent view of the whole valley and the beauties of Kazakhstan. Mountain lakes, waterfalls, and cliffs will accompany you to the Saldyrtas glacier. The camping experience will make you feel even closer to the mountain!
Departure from Almaty at 07:00. Arrival to Taldykorgan at 10:00. Visit to local history museum of Almaty
region, lunch. Transfer to Taubulak eco-camping. During the 6-hour trip there are expected 2-3 stops. near the unique places of Jungar Alatau. Arrival to Taubulak eco-camping at 17:00. Accommodation and rest. Dinner, free time and preparation to trekking. Overnight in Taubulak eco-camping.
Early wake-up and breakfast. Leaving the base and trekking through Kora gorge. Crossing Kora river and climbing the gorge to Saldyrtas river and further to Saldyrtas glacier. Setting up the camp. Dinner and overnight in a tent camp near the glacier.
Early wake up, then breakfast and disassembling of the camp. Climbing on Tyuite pass. Next – descent into Tekeshbulak gorge. Having passed Tyuite glacier, choose a place for overnight. Setting a camp. Dinner and overnight in tents.
Early wake-up, then breakfast and disassembling of the camp. Visit to moraine lakes in the upper reaches of Tekeshbulak gorge. The second lake is located north, and from it Tyuyte (Tekeshibulak) river originates, along which we will descend into Kora gorge. Return to Taubulak base. Rest and preparation for departure to Almaty. Overnight in Taubulak eco-camp.
Breakfast. Departure from Taubulak at 09:00. Lunch on the way in Taldykorgan. Arrival to Almaty approx.
at 8:00 pm.
*Organizers may modify the itinerary according to weather conditions, in order to ensure the safety of all participants.
1. Waterproof membrane Gore-Tex jacket and pants
2. Warm fleece jacket or Polartec jacket, windproof jacket, warm hat and gloves
3. Several sets of underwear, thermal underwear set, several pairs of socks and a pair of warm socks
4. Several T-shirts with short sleeves, shorts, cap
5. Appropriate hiking boots, overshoes against snow, shoes for camp (lightweight sneakers)
6. Head torch with adjustable brightness and beam distance, several sets of batteries
7. Thermos for 1-1.5 liters, or other water container
8. Personal hygiene items, personal first aid kit, sunglasses and sunscreen, anti acarid remedy
9. Tent, sleeping bag, caremat, utensils for personal use, backpack (not smaller than 80L volume),
trekking poles, helmet, crampons, ice ax, descender device, 4 carbines
Sharewood can also provide for: